The PEANUT EXERCISE BALL is more stable than a traditional ball allowing users of all ages and ability to use the ball with confidence. It's even a wonderful choice for children and the elderly.
The shape of the peanut ball effectively means it can only roll in one direction, allowing balance and strengthening work to be performed but in a more predictable and safer way.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS -
- Increases balance and coordination training, strengthening, gross motor, and proprioceptive activities.
- Will improve dynamic balance by sitting or lying on top of the ball.
- Facilitates movement and general gross motor coordination.
- Increases core strength by working on the abdomen and back control.
- Used for sensory activities such as applying deep pressure with the ball to calm.
- Gradually increase weight bearing activities to improve muscle tone and strength.
- Develop games and fun activities to improve cognitive skills and encourage cooperation.
- Excellent for soon-to-be moms as it promotes positive labor outcomes and reduces the duration of the delivery process.
The peanut exercise ball is a great therapy benefit for assisting children with cerebral palsy or for newborn colicky babies that find comfort lying on something that provides pressure on their tummy. Both need close adult supervision.
The ball can be inflated and deflated slightly to adjust the height – the ball should be firm enough to sit on and should not exceed the maximum recommended size. A fully inflated ball will compress less and will therefore be less stable (making some exercises harder as the ball will tend to roll more easily). Letting a little air out will increase the rolling resistance giving it more stability.
Too little air in the ball can stabilize it too much making balancing exercises too easy and less effective; too much air pressure could make these exercises too difficult as the ball will roll more.
The PEANUT EXERCISE BALL comes in two colors. This one is BLUE.
Recommended Retail Price is $54.95 / OUR PRICE is $20.00.